Ultraviolet water purification is the most effective method for disinfecting bacteria from the water. Ultraviolet (UV) rays penetrate harmful pathogens in your home’s water and destroy illness-causing microorganisms by attacking their genetic core (DNA). UV systems destroy 99.99% of harmful microorganisms without adding chemicals or changing your water’s taste or odor. UV water purification is usually used with other forms of filtration such as reverse osmosis systems or carbon block filters.
- Chemical Free: UV purification does not use any chemicals like chlorine or leave any harmful by products.
- Taste & Odor Free: UV does not add any chemical taste or odor to the water.
- Extremely Effective: One of the most effective ways to kill disease-causing microbes by destroying 99.99%.
- Requires very little energy: Uses about the same energy as it would to run a 60 watt light bulb.
- Low Maintenance: Set and forget type of system, just change UV bulb annually.
Limitations in UV Water Systems
Ultraviolet purification itself is not enough to purify water down to drinking water purposes. This is because the UV radiation is only effective for treating bacteria and viruses. UV light does not work to eliminate contaminants such as chlorine, heavy metals and VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds). UV systems are often paired with Reverse Osmosis Systems to provide a complete purification process for the safest drinking water.
If you draw water from a private water supply it is recommended to treat your entire home. To assure the highest satisfaction, choose the right size (gpm) of UV system that matches your household peak demand flow rate. This is simply a measure of how much water can flow through your main water line if all the water outlets were opened at once.
VIQUA Water Filters Thailand
With more than 35 years of experience in the residential UV business, the expertise and care that goes into the development of VIQUA products is second to none. So whether you choose a point-of-entry or a point-of-use system, your VIQUA UV system will disinfect your drinking water, keeping you and your family safe from microbiological contaminants.